Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Makin' it legal

On December 19th, 2013, I had the honor of flying up to Seattle to be a witness as my dear friends Erik Holladay and Ben McCann got (legally) married.  The two tied the knot in Michigan in September, but Michigan is being a little slow to get on board, so they came out to Seattle to make it legal.  Erik and I met at one of my first internships at the Flint Journal where he was a staff photographer, and we've been friends for the decade or so since then.  I couldn't have been happier to see him marry The Benjamins.  We all got fancy and had a goooood time.  



These two.  Ben Holladay-McCann, left, and Erik Holladay-McCann.

Somehow we got lost in the shuffle, and ended up waiting in this hallway for 2 1/2 hours.  I got bored.  I made them do many things.  This was one of them.

False alarm.  Thought they called their name, but no.

Marriage license in hand, ready.

After a couple hours of waiting, they put us in a room with ridiculous props.  I made them pose with all of them.

Erik is a handsome devil.

Ben plays bullfighter.


Erik stole my camera and took my photo while I waited.

It's official!  Yeeeeeeeeeha

So much love.

I forgot that being a witness meant I had to sign their marriage license.  Sorry my signature isn't prettier, guys.

The boys being the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment